Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Starting to Feel Like Summer!!!

It's finally starting to feel like summer. The weather is beginning to become bareable. It probably reaches low to mid 90s now. Still humid. This morning we were late for work. Our bus was in/was stuck in traffic from an accident. I wasn't clear on the information. The driver had to change buses and we got picked up 40 minutes late. Some of us missed homeroom.

I remembered that one of my students had put her phone number in my phone. (The exact converstion was "Miss, I'm putting my number in my phone, so call me!! Me: What will we talk about? Boys? Student: "YEAH!")

I called her and told her we were late and ask if she would take care of things. She was so surprised that I called.

When I arrived at school, my students were so concerned because they thought WE were in the accident. They ran up hugging me. I really love my students. And at the end of the day, they all hugged me goodbye and told me they love me. Aw! I love them, too!

I've been teaching the Friday Church for 12-14 year olds. I'm teaching deep doctrines!! I'm so amazed that these kids actually KNOW their Bible!!! These kids quote it left and right to me!!! I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it in the States. Imagine a room full of 25 12-14 year old Bible quotin' kids!!!

So my schedule is starting to pan out. Ramadan is finally over. Things are beginning to become "normal." After teaching for 4 hours, I offer free tutoring on Sundays, Chinese language and culture club on Mondays, tutor for pay on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have meetings on Wednesdays.

I did get my drivers license, but I have done anything or gone anywhere...

Oh well. Maybe for December break.

AND....I voted today!!!!! My ballot was "lost" in the mail. It looks like I forgot to put the school's PO box number on the request form. I put the school name figuring it would get there...NO! It's been sitting at the post office for a week or two. Thanks to my friend, Ala'a, I was able to vote today. :)

No comments: