Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Giving Thanks

I have been so sick for the past week. Everyone's picking up this bug. Although I've been downing vitamins and such, it got the best of me. I lost my voice this week. I am helping with the praise team at church and feel awful about it. Headache, stuffiness, poppin' ears...I know that I'm not at my best, but it still sounds AWFUL!

I'm really grateful for the church here. I'm just left in awe. It's nothing like I have ever experienced. God has given me this amazing group of people to be around and to learn from and under. I just look at this whole worship team experience. In the past, if I've screwed up something, I would be heavily criticized with no guidiance (and I make mistakes all the time...as I'm sure others do as well). I don't know about you, but I feel really bad and one of two things happen: I feel so bad that have a hard time correcting what needs to be fixed OR I become obsessed with fixing the problem, that it just consumes me.

I was corrected today about something I was fully aware of, however, it was done such a loving way. I think this is the first time I don't feel miserable after a bad job. So, to that person, thank you. It's also a great lesson for me to remember in my teaching...

I'm finally starting to make friends at church. I'm quite sad though. One girl that I really like is leaving to return to Baghdad. I know she'll be back at times, but I wish I had more time to spend with her.

I'm also starting to feel comfortable around people in my Bible study. I've been the "entertainer" for the past couple of weeks. :)

It's been one full month of regular schedule at school. Regular schedule means busy, busy, busy. We are also working on some accreditation. I'm invovled in the process, but I don't really understand it. I have to make comments on things that go on at the school in terms of curriculum, etc. I just don't feel that I can make a fair judgement since I've only been at the school for two months. Oh, well. It is a very valuable learning experience for me.

In other news, after one month of 1st year Arabic class....I'm moving onto the 2nd year. Apparently, I'm ready for it! YAY!! حالأس

2 comments:

pastorbrianculver said...

Hope you get to feeling better real soon! Glad I found your new website here. I just got back from my honeymoon and will be back blogging regularly now. I hope to hear from you soon and will keep in touch with you.

May God's blessings be with you!

stella said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm glad you're back. I just got internet this week at my house, soooo hopefully, I can keep up with y'all again! :)

Bless you!!! PB! :)