Friday, September 5, 2008

Church and Taxis

I've been attendingEvangelical Community Church in Abu Dhabi. The church recently built a new building (first picture). Apparently, they have much favor with the local government. I was so surprised by the expository preaching done at this church and in the home group. It's amazing!! In Taiwan and America, where Christianity is acceptable, few preach the Word. However, in a restricted nation, the Word is preached properly.

There are tons of Western shops here including IKEA. I like this store, but my roommate and I need to wait until we get paid!! IKEA blowout! Getting a taxi in Abu Dhabi can be a bit difficult. Sometimes I wait 30 minutes for cab. When one finally comes, I have to fight off people who want to cut ahead of you. However, if you go to shopping centers, you can not hail a cab from the side of the road. You must go to the taxi cue and wait and wait and wait.

I'm thinking purchasing a used car might be a very good investment here. That and gas is cheaper than bottled water!



No comments: